We are pleased to invite you to a transdisciplinary knowledge exchange
between coffee producer, researchers and roasters
on Friday 27, September from 14:00
We will have the opportunity to share with Mr. Víctor Cordero Ardila, Manager of La Red de Productores Ecológicos de la Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, – redecolsierra.org– and current South American Representative of the Coordinadora Latinoamericana y del Caribe de Pequeños Productores y Trabajadores de Comercio Justo (CLAC)
After his presentation followed by a discussion over coffee, Martin Ross, Hanna Forster and Xiomara F. Quiñones-Ruiz will share preliminary results of recent fieldworks in Colombia and Peru.
Our coffee event will end up with a Colombia Coffee Cupping V.2.
- Part I:
- 14:00 – 15:00 Getting to know La Red Ecolsierra, Santa Marta, Colombia by Víctor Cordero Ardila (Translation Spanish/English)
- 15:00 – 15:45 Discussion session over (origin) coffees!
- 15:45 – 16:10 Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change: The costs and benefits of shade-grown coffee in El Cairo (Colombia) by Martin Ross
- 16:10 – 16:40 Analytic framework to determine proximity in relationship coffee models by Hanna Forster
- 16:40 – 17:10 Coffee quality understanding and evolution in Colombia – challenging the mainstream quality practices? by Xiomara F. Quiñones Ruiz
- 17:10 – 17:40 DiscussionModeration: Marianne Penker and Xiomara F. Quiñones Ruiz - Room at BOKU TBC soon
- Part II:
- From 18:15 Colombia Cupping V.2 at Coffee Pirates (or at BOKU), TBC soon